Resonant Acoustic Method
In the world of manufacturing today, the potential liability of shipping a defective part is catastrophic to you, your customer and the consumer. Resonant Inspection via Non-Destructive Test Resonant Acoustic Method (NDT-RAM™) is designed to help you deliver fully inspected parts, economically and on time, giving you confidence in the quality of your parts.
The principle of NDT-RAM is simple. Every part has a unique resonant signature or pattern that reflects its composition. Any deviation from the expected signature or pattern indicates the presence of a structural flaw or variation. A familiar example is a cracked bell that no longer has a clear ring and cannot hold its tone. Learn more about NDT-RAM
NDT-RAM detects imperfections such as variances in dimension, geometry, weight, density, bonding, voids, cracks and missed manufacturing processes. The entire procedure takes approximately 3 seconds per part, allowing for efficient quality control testing of all the parts in your process line.
Who needs NDT Resonant Inspection?
Manufacturers or users of metal parts that:
• Have substantial inspection cost
• Require 100% inspection of their parts
• Desire to improve quality of their parts
• Produce and/or use safety-critical parts
• Have customers demanding higher quality
• Have substantial scrap costs due to false rejects
What can NDT Resonant Inspection detect?
• Cracks, chips and holes
• Out-of-tolerance dimensions
• Variations in hardness
• Residual stress
• Bonding, welding or brazing failures
• Machining or heat-treating processes
• No "part preparation" required
• Inspection in one to three seconds per part, typical*
• Reduction of scrap costs with elimination of false rejects
• Process compensation for common process variables
• Easy to learn and use application software
• Report generation, including statistical analysis
• Industrial package - NEMA4 enclosure, sealed PC
• Same system can test many different parts
• Confidence that all tested parts are defect-free
*Part throughput rate dependent upon part size, belt size, data acquisition setup parameters, and other part handling requirements
Currently, four NDT-RAM™ system configurations are available:
• Automated System -- for integration into high-volume process lines
• Semi-Automated System -- for integration into existing production lines
• Manual System -- mobile solution for spot-checks and field troubleshooting
• Drop Test Fixture -- for automated small part testing
• What is Non-Destructive Testing?
• How the Equipment Works
• Measurement and Detection Principles
• Advantages of NDT-RAM™
• Case Studies
• Comparison of Non-Destructive Methods
Back to NDT