Unlike the safety critical areas of aerospace and automotive, the consumer marketplace (hand tools, appliances, small engines) is subject to rapid swings in customer preference. Quality must be increased to maintain customer satisfaction while companies and products compete in the arenas of marketing, design and utility. Non-Destructive Test Resonant Acoustic Method (NDT-RAM™) inspection is designed to help you manufacture 100% fully inspected powder metal, cast, ductile iron, forged or stamped metal component parts, giving you assurance in the integrity of your product and performance. Learn more about NDT-RAM
Typical Consumer Goods
In powder metal (PM), cast, ductile iron, forged or stamped parts, NDT-RAM detects variances such as cracks, voids, porosity, nodularity, missing features and missed manufacturing processes. The entire procedure typically occurs between one and three seconds per part, allowing for efficient and cost effective quality assurance. Your performance is guarded, your liability is limited and your reputation in the industry grows. As a contributor to state-of-the-art innovative quality inspection, The Modal Shop is a member of the Metal Powder Industries Federation (MPIF), American Foundry Society (AFS), American Society for Nondestructive Testing (ASNT) and ASTM International.
• Cracks, chips and holes
• Missing features
• Variations in hardness
• Bonding, welding or brazing failures
• Missing machining or heat-treating processes
All of the NDT-RAM systems are ideal for 100% inspection requirements of manufacturers or users of powder metal, metal injection molded (MIM), castings (including ductile iron), forgings or stampings that have significant inspection costs (either material or labor costs), produce or use safety-critical parts, have substantial scrap costs due to false rejects or simply want to improve their part quality.
• Speed - one to three seconds per part, typical*
• Versatility - multiple part numbers can be used on a single system
• Ease of use - no part preparation is needed for testing
• Objectiveness - no human interpretation is necessary, a simple pass/fail result is returned by the NDT-RAM system and parts are automatically sorted
*Part throughput rate dependent upon part size, belt size, data acquisition setup parameters, and other part handling requirements
See More Industry Applications
• Noise, Vibration and Harshness
• Medical MIM/PIM
• What is Non-Destructive Testing?
• Resonant Acoustic Method
• How the Equipment Works...
• Measurement and Detection Principles
• Advantages of NDT-RAM™
• Case Studies
• Comparison of Non-Destructive Methods
Back to NDT